Q: Cranks but doesn't start and also I don't see the rpm move when I try to start, what should I do? - 2002 Nissan Altima

My 2002 Nissan Altima cranks but won't start, the rpm doesn't move either, I smell gas when I try to start. What can I do?

Hello - I suspect your crankshaft position sensorhas failed. This sensor provides the ignition system with timing information - when to fire each spark plug. This sensor is also the trigger for the tachometer, since it is counting engine revolutions while sending timing information. I would recommend an engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Cranks but doesn't start and also I don't see the rpm move when I try to start, what should I do? - 2002 Nissan Altima