Q: What does it mean if the “Service power steering” warning is displayed in the message center?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does it mean if the “Service power steering” warning is displayed in the message center?

Your car’s Power Steering system is an integral part of the vehicle. While the system can fail and you’ll still have the ability to steer, you’ll find that the wheel is much harder to turn. Obviously, it’s important to have the system serviced and maintained properly. If you see a warning in the message center that reads, “Service power steering,” it means that there’s a condition that has been detected requiring immediate service. Have your car inspected immediately.

Tip

If you see the “Service power steering NOW” warning, you need to take your vehicle immediately to a mechanic.