Q: Code AWD malfunction came on, car is in AWD permanently. Transmission working fine.

AWD seems to working ok but it won't disengage.

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2005 AWD malfunction light to be on in your 2005 Ford 500. The most common faults are the shift linkage, low fluid level, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the AWD malfunction light and guide you through any repairs required to resolve the issue.

3. Code AWD malfunction came on, car is in AWD permanently. Transmission working fine.