Q: Is there a safe way for pregnant women to use seat belts in the vehicle?

Is there a safe way for pregnant women to use seat belts in the vehicle?

A: Seat belt design has been dictated by a num...

Seat belt design has been dictated by a number of factors over the years, with pregnant women in vehicles being a major factor. Seat belts can be safely worn by a pregnant woman as long as both the shoulder and lap belt are utilized and the lap belt stays below the stomach, right across the hips.

It is never safer to go without a seat belt, especially while pregnant. The best thing an expecting mother can do to keep her baby safe is keep herself safe.