Q: It seems like the engine isn't receiving fuel properly.

When the vehicle is idling, it often sounds like it's putting or misfiring almost. When I start the vehicle, it sometimes has to turn over for a longer period of time before actually starting. The starter sounds fine and seems to be working properly. I've been informed that the spark plugs and wires were just recently changed and that they are likely not the issue, but I haven't looked under the hood yet. I think it sounds like a fuel issue, but thought I'd ask an expert. Thoughts? Thanks for you help in advance!

A: Hey there. It is possible that there is a w...

Hey there. It is possible that there is a weak fuel pump issue, but there are several possible problems that can cause an engine to misfire. There could be a faulty ignition coil, a bad fuel injector, clogged fuel filter, or possible engine damage, that will cause a miss. To get this looked into further, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the misfire and ensure that this gets properly corrected.