Q: Car gets hot after 10 minutes

Car overheats, and the gauge goes to Hot after 10 to 15 minutes.

A: Hello, this is commonly caused by a failing...

Hello, this is commonly caused by a failing thermostat. When the thermostat fails it will not allow the coolant to circulate causing the engine to get hot. I typically check the temperature of the radiator hoses to see if the coolant is flowing. It can also be caused by a failing water pump, but that is not as common. If the engine has actually overheated then a block test should be done also to ensure that there are not internal engine issues. If you want to get this checked out, consider using YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the overheating problem.