Q: 06 ford freestylye is slow and has high rpm what is that

06 is slow to accelerate Roma get high and doesn't down shift. Almost like I am in low gear but I am in the drive position. Please give me some advice just bought it yester with 180,000

Hi there. There are several things that could be going on with your Ford Freestyle. If the transmission fluid is low, you might have this problem; but it’s also possible that your vehicle is locked in what’s called a "limp mode". Limp mode is a computer-generated default that locks the transmission in low gear if a transmission sensor or internal fault is discovered. In order to determine this, you’ll have to either visit the dealership or have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a transmission inspection.