Q: 06 ford freestylye is slow and has high rpm what is that

06 is slow to accelerate Roma get high and doesn't down shift. Almost like I am in low gear but I am in the drive position. Please give me some advice just bought it yester with 180,000

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There are several things that could be going on with your Ford Freestyle. If the transmission fluid is low, you might have this problem; but it’s also possible that your vehicle is locked in what’s called a "limp mode". Limp mode is a computer-generated default that locks the transmission in low gear if a transmission sensor or internal fault is discovered. In order to determine this, you’ll have to either visit the dealership or have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a transmission inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr