Q: Lately, my car's starter doesn't give that starting sound anymore. Rather, i would hear a faint sort of "YAY" sound, and I would r

asked by on March 22, 2017

Lately, my car's starter doesn't give that starting sound anymore. Rather, i would hear a faint sort of "YAY" sound, and I would right away start to pump the gas pedal, then the "YAY" slowly gets faster, til the engine finally runs normally. Is my starter bad?

You should have your battery and cables cleaned and serviced first. Then have the battery load tested and then if it still turns slow then you will need to replace the starter. You may just have a weak battery that needs replaced.