Q: my car is skipping the drive gear and going straight to 3 gear on the gear panel. why?

Everytime i put my car into the drive you can hear it moves twice like it skip drive gear and when straight to the next one.

A: Hello. There is an open technical service b...

Hello. There is an open technical service bulletin (TSB) for this issue. The problem is caused by the main computer connection to the transmission control module not being activated when first started. I believe this is TSB reference #23. The fix is to get the totally integrated control module reprogrammed to a new calibration by using the factory scanner. This can only be done by a local dealer or someone with dealer scan tool capabilities. Visit your local Chrysler dealership and they should be able to remedy the issue for you, hopefully without cost.