Q: my car door wont open from the inside or outside. I slammed it pretty hard because I was mad but now itll pull away from the car a

asked by on May 29, 2017

I got angry and slammed my car door. I went to open it and now it won't open from the inside or outside. When I try to open it, it pulls away from the door frame a little but then won't fully open, almost like it's stuck on something. Do I need to buy a new part or is this an easy fix because I don't want to have to spend a bunch of money on a whole new part.

Door will not shut Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It’s possible that this is just a minor issue; like the door lock being stuck or slightly bent. If this is the case, the door lock or hinge might need to be replaced. It’s also possible that something inside the door was bent or damaged. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a door is hard to close inspection, so they can determine what is damaged and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr