Q: There's a smell when I drive my car is it the clutch? My car has 23000 miles.

I drive a fiat punto twin air 62 plate only done 23,000 miles n iv started noticing a smell when I drive could this be the clutch n should it be at only 23000 miles

Hi there:

When a clutch is wearing out or gives off a smell, it’s usually similar to rotten eggs or burning rubber if it’s actual clutch disks. There will be other indicators such as slipping of the clutch once the pedal is fully released, inconsistent acceleration or problems shifting. Might be best to have a mobile mechanic complete a clutch is not working inspection if these symptoms exist.

• There's a smell when I drive my car is it the clutch? My car has 23000 miles.