Q: How do I use the low traction mode?

How do I use the low traction mode?

Your vehicle may be equipped with an Allison Transmission or a Hydra-Matic 6-Speed Automatic Transition. If so, you will have a Low Traction Mode that can make it much easier to drive your car in inclement weather or slippery conditions like snow and ice.

To use your Low Traction Mode, bring your vehicle to a stop, then shift to second gear using the Range Selection Mode located at the end of your shift lever. This mode limits the torque to the wheels when it detects any slipping, preventing you from spinning.