Q: I'm changing my AE92 OEM Corolla shocks to a KYB Excel-G model. Do I keep the same coil springs?

asked by on October 21, 2016

im changing my AE92 OEM corolla shocks to a KYB excel-G model. do i keep the same coil springs? or should i change them also? its been never changed before. Also does the spring seat nsulator depend on which brand spring i put in? or they work cross brand? the seat insulator is OEM

Strut Assembly Replacement $246.39 - $2106.94 Get a Quote

For most people replacing their springs along with the struts is an issue of budget. Since you are already upgrading the shock portion of the strut, you will also see an improvement with new springs. I definitely suggest replacing the springs as well unless cost is an issue. If you put new springs in it, definitely get new insulators from KYB, or whatever KYB suggests. I might reuse the insulator if I was to reuse the old spring, but not if it shows signs of cracking or extreme wear. If they are original, I can’t see them being in good condition. They are negligible in price in comparison to the rest of the parts and they can make a significant difference.

Your model of strut may come fully assembled if you decide to go with springs. If this is the case, it makes this an easier repair as well as it will come with new springs and insulators. Be sure to have the car aligned after you replace them.

If you require more assistance with this, have one of our mobile technicians come to your location and assist you with your strut assembly.

Good luck!