My radiator fans do not spin?? Do i replace the fan moto...

Q: My radiator fans do not spin?? Do i replace the fan motor??

asked by on July 30, 2017

My car started overheating so i replaced the upper hose bcuz it was leaking. After i replaced the hose it still overheats so i replaced the thermostat and drove it around the block so far no problem.. then it started overheating reservoir tank started bubbling up and i noticed the radiator fan was not coming on so what advice could you give me on my overheating problem??

You would need to have the cooling fan relays checked to see if the relays are sending power to the fan motor. Also turn on the a/c to see if the a/c fan works since you have two fans one is for cooling the engine and the other is to cool the engine and condenser for the a/c. If neither fan comes on then check the two 30amp fuses in engine fuse box and replace if blown and replace fan motor if they are blown since fan motor is drawing too many amps. If fuse is not blown then try a new relay for fan motor for engine cooling to see if it comes on. If still does not come on then check and replace cooling fan switch on engine. If you need help with diagnosis have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and do a diagnosis for you.