Q: I'm changing my coolant on my 2012 Ford Fiesta. How should I go about this? How do I flush the system with water?

asked by on July 18, 2017

I am changing the coolant on my 2012 ford fiesta. I am wondering how I drain the existing coolant from the system and also how to flush the system with water. Should I pour the water into the reservoir and run the car with the heat on and the radiator reservoir cap off? This is how I have seen it done on some YouTube videos. Also, when I fill the reservoir with the new coolant, how can I burp the radiator system? I have read some articles and seen some videos on the need to do this to eliminate air pockets within the radiator. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Radiator Flush $178.82 - $200.42 Get a Quote

Hi there. We typically don’t offer step-by-step instructions for services we offer. However, I would recommend purchasing a service and repair manual for your 2012 Ford Fiesta and completing a full cooling system flush. The process for bleeding the the radiator system is very important to complete correctly, so please refer to the service manual and follow the steps exactly to avoid overheating issues.