Q: Why is my power steering fluid leaking?

I recently replaced my power steering pump, hose, and sending unit, brand new not even a month ago. It was fine until today, it started leaking again. Not as much, but enough to question again. What could it be now?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The first thing to do is to make sure the fluid is full in the power steering reservoir. Since you recently replaced a lot of components in the system I would recommend cleaning the area that is wet with fluid and let dry thoroughly. Start the vehicle and have an assistant turn the steering back and forth while watching area where the fluid was seen to be leaking. Once the leak is identified then a repair can be done. The power steering pressure line is the most common cause of a leak. If you need a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and perform any of the diagnosis or repairs then contact YourMechanic for quote on repairs.

3. Why is my power steering fluid leaking?