Q: Temperature gauge not reading correctly.

Temperature gauge doesn't move, but message says the engine is hot.

A: This vehicle has had many electrical issues...

This vehicle has had many electrical issues with bad crimps in the wiring causing gauges to read erratic and when the computers see issues in the wiring it will turn on the light and put the gauge to the low side. You may have to have the wiring fixed or a bad cooling sender sensor is bad. I would recommend you do not drive the vehicle until you have it checked out to make sure the engine is not overheating. I recommend you have the vehicle checked by a qualified certified mechanic that can diagnose the wiring issues for you.