Q: Engine light came on saying transmission system malfunction.

Engine light came on saying tranmisson system malfunction! It's saying A/T torque converter clutch- no rpm drop at lock up! What could be the problem?

Hi there. The code is coming up for the torque converter clutch (TCC) is not working. Check the TCC fuse and see if it has blown. If the fuse is good, then the solenoid on the transmission that controls the torque converter clutch may have failed. Also, the input shaft has a scar cut seal that could have been damaged causing a leak to the torque converter clutch making the clutch not apply. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your transmission problem.