Q: Engine has a knocking sound, and temperature gauge overheating...BUT I can touch the radiator and engine is NOT hot

Engine has a knocking sound, and temperature gauge over heating...BUT I can touch the radiator and engine is NOT hot

From what you’ve described, this is due to a stuck thermostat most likely. This is why the radiator is not getting a warm flow of coolant.

I’d suggest having this looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. One of our mobile experts will be able to diagnose the sounds and overheating symptoms.

• Engine has a knocking sound, and temperature gauge overheating...BUT I can touch the radiator and engine is NOT hot