Q: Check engine light on

Code p0441 what could it be

This code is for evaporative emissions (EVAP) purge system performance. The EVAP system is responsible for preventing fuel vapor emission from entering the atmosphere. The EVAP system uses a purge valve to allow stored fuel vapors from the fuel tank into the engine to be burned, instead of being vented to atmosphere.

If the powertrain control module (PCM) detects a problem with the purge process, it will set a code P0441. Some common causes for this code include problems with the purge valve solenoid vacuum supply, an obstruction in the purge hose, a faulty purge solenoid, or a problem with the PCM. If you need help, an expert from YourMechanic will be able to pinpoint the cause of your Check Engine Light and make any needed repairs for you.