Q: Car overheats, but radiator full

My car is overheating, even after I replaced the thermostat. The fan works, and the radiator is full.

It is possible that there is air trapped in the cooling system. Please note: never service the cooling system when the engine is hot, or the cooling system is pressurized, as serious injury can occur. Ford has a special tool used to refill the radiator, but without the tool, the bleeder valve needs to be opened, and the coolant level filled until all of the air bubbles are purged from the cooling system. Also, the flow rate of the water pump needs be checked to ensure coolant is being circulated through the system. If the system is full and bled properly, and you still have overheating, you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the cause of the overheating, and get your cooling system operating to peak efficiency.

3. Car overheats, but radiator full