Q: ABS & SRS lights on; car shifts hard and shudders

Recently my car has been in the repair shop three different times, for three different problems.

1. Intermittently, the ABC light comes on,
  2. The SRS light is on, and
  3. The car hard shifts at 50 mph and a shudder starts which gets worse when I accelerate.

In addition to normal maintenance, the dealer performed an ABC hose campaign, replaced the rear ABC valve block, and replaced the ABC hydraulic line for pressure supply. The seats have been removed and reinstalled. The idler pulley was replaced, reset, and performed the shift adaptation. In your assessment, what do I need to do to get my car in good performance?

Hi there. These repairs that were done are fairly normal for this vehicle. It is very common for this car to have issues with these systems with age. I am actually a little surprised that there were not more issues with this. Most of the time the ABC issue is the pump itself which can be expensive. There are some common issues with the airbag system which can be caused by the inflator modules or the control module. It is also common for a low voltage issue from a failing battery or alternator to cause this also. If you want to maintain this vehicle, it is imperative that you change all of the fluids as recommended and have the system regularly checked for leaks. If this is something that you want to have done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the warning lights and address this issue properly.

3. ABS & SRS lights on; car shifts hard and shudders