Q: Engine stalls and vdc and skip lights come on

The fx35 infiniti 2004 model engine stops whenever the vdc and skip lights come on the dash board. This mostly happens in the middle of the road. Please help.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The VDC and SLIP messages come on when the computer detects an issue with the vehicle’s traction control system. The most common causes for this are a faulty ABS wheel speed sensor, or some sort of electrical fault within the system. If the engine stalls and then these messages appear then it may be possible that the two are related, although the traction control system is separate from the engine management system. If the vehicle is suddenly stalling while you are driving then that may indicate that there is some sort of intermittent engine management or electrical problem. A common cause for this is a faulty crank position sensor or wiring, which provides one of the vital engine management signals, and can cause stalling or even a no start if it has an issue. The same can also be caused by an issue with the fuel or ignition systems, as well as a wide variety of other faults. As it also be possible that the issues are not related, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing your vehicle to stall.