Q: I hear a pop sound whenever I turn the wheel

When ever I turn the steering wheel one way and the other way it makes a popping sound.

There are several possible causes for a pop noise when turning the wheel. Finding the cause will really depend on what area the pop is coming from. Does it come from the steering column, under the dash, the engine compartment, or somewhere else? If the noise comes from the column, it could be from a failed sensor, a bad bushing, or interference with a trim cover. From under the dash, it could be the aforementioned, a section of the carpet or insulation, or the intermediate shaft. If the noise appears to be coming from outside the passenger cabin, it could be a bad steering or suspension bushing, worn steering component (steering gear, tie rod end, steering shaft, etc.), or even a worn ball joint. If you feel you need a hand to identify and/or repair the problem, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. I hear a pop sound whenever I turn the wheel