Q: Catalytic converter deleted and replaced with a resonator legal in wv

asked by on December 21, 2016

I am in the market for a new (to me) car. I found a really nice looking GST with 138k miles. I'm talking to the dude and he says that the previous owner did a converter delete and replaced it with a stainless steel megan racing resonator. He said they had to weld the hangers to stop it from rattling and as a result the car idles rough. I was wondering if there are any problems to expect with to this or if this kind of a modification is even legal in my state (West Virginia). Any help would be much appreciated.

It is not legal in any State to remove emissions on any vehicle since it is a Federal Law to not alter the emissions of a vehicle. You would need to put the catalyst back to original or the vehicle is not legal to be on the road.