Q: My car alarm keeps setting off in the middle of the night would like to know which amp fuse can be removed

Every now then my car alarm will set off on its own. Found out it can be weather that sets this off, I wanna know if there is a fuse that can be removed. Noticed it has done it in colder nights

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. First of all, th...

Hi, thanks for writing in. First of all, the alarm shouldn't be going off by itself in the middle of the night. If it is, there is something wrong with the system. The burglar alarm module receives inputs from various sensors and switches, such as the door switches. It then monitors these inputs to determine if a break is in progress. If it determines a theft is in progress, it sounds the alarm and flashes the lights. The 15 amp horn fuse can be removed to disable the alarm at night, but obviously, you'll want to reinstall it when the vehicle is in use. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.