Q: What is knocking noise?

Have a knocking noise that is at engine speed and sounds like from up top. Have opened up and only thing found was one tensioner had more play in it while wiggled.Chain didn't but tensioner did. Lifters and rocker arms looked good but when I pulled spark plug wires one by one while running , cylinder 4 the knocking lessened and sounded like it wanted to quit but still there

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Dodge Ram 1500. If you pulled the cylinder 4 plug wire and the noise got quieter then this is an indication that you have a bad rod bearing or piston pin on the piston itself. If you need some help repairing this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the noise from your engine firsthand and fix it accordingly.