Q: My timing belt broke what should I do? Can I drive my car?

My car was park and I was ready to go home when I started it the timing belt just broke what should I do? How much it will cost to repair that? I mess up my car? Help please

Hello, thank you for writing in. The timing belt is responsible for keeping the camshaft and the crankshaft in sync so the valves will open and close accordingly. With that said, the vehicle is likely not going to run at all without it. You should not attempt to start the vehicle because the chain or belt inside can cause damage to the components around it. The vehicle’s damage will need to be accessed when the timing belt is changed. If there has been any other issues caused by this, you will be able to fix it from there. To obtain a quote, get further diagnostic help, and to replace the belt, contact our service department.

3. My timing belt broke what should I do? Can I drive my car?