Q: The back of my right tire is smoking.

When I drive the car only one tire in the back right of my when starts to smoke. My brakes stop fine and all . It's just the back wheel will move slowly. My tire light is on and my brake lights.

Hi There, This is a dangerous situation which could be caused by a couple of different things. You may have a brake pad that is sticking to the rotor causing it to get red hot generating the smoke, or potentially (and more likely) you may have a wheel bearing that has started to seize up. This can be very dangerous and could potentially even lead to a small fire or an accident if not taken care of. A wheel bearing will usually fail due to pitting or small damage on the surface of the rollers or the bearing race. Both the surface of the rollers and the race is precision machined to tight tolerances and highly polished to allow the rollers to pass easily over the race with the addition of bearing grease for lubrication and cooling. Over time the bearing will wear slightly, allowing microscopic pieces of metal into the grease. Bearing noise can sound a lot like a brake pad dragging or grinding. It can also sound like whirring, whining or humming depending on how much sound deadening material your vehicle has in it. Bearing noise will always be dependent on vehicle speed meaning as you speed up or slow down the noise should change frequency or loudness. Cornering may affect the noise from a damaged front wheel bearing and is usually more pronounced as you make turns. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. The back of my right tire is smoking.