Q: I.changed my coils and spark plugs on bmw 328! My car is shaking

asked by on March 17, 2018

I just change the coils and spark plugs. My car is shaking

My car has 87000 miles.
My car has an automatic transmission.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Wendy. Thanks for contacting us tonight. After these repairs are completed, 80% of the time, this symptom is caused by the spark plug wires being connected to the wrong plugs, a vacuum line that is loose or an electrical sensor that was left disconnected. The other 20% is caused by the wrong components installed or the spark plugs not gapped correctly. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection in order to correctly identify the source of these symptoms and recommend the right repairs.

The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified. Please see our terms of service for more details

Get an instant quote for your car

Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Fair and transparent pricing


Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr

What others are asking

Problems filling up my car.

The fuel inlet hose into the fuel tank has a vent system that if it gets blocked for some reason would not allow fuel to be put in too fast. The vent system would have to be checked for obstructions...

2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 won't shift into high gear

This vehicle is equipped with an electronically controlled transmission. When the vehicle will not shift into high gear it is in a safe mode to prevent damage until the issue is resolved. A qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will...

Driver's side seat is stuck and power switch is not working

The power seat has three motors to control the three different motions. The switch is a multiple position switch that will control the motor direction. Your vehicle most likely has a defective switch but it would need to be tested,...

hood safety latch won't open

Hello there, this is not an uncommon occurrence as vehicles age and the hood has been opened many times. The cable can become weak at the hood latch, or the pull tab on the hood latch has become disconnected and...

On slow moving traffic, when i release the brakes, the car has lags for half a second before take off... computer scan shows p2138

This code is related to a faulty throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of a vehicle. The sensor is usually located on the butterfly spindle/shaft so that it can...

Terrible squealing upon cold start and for a few minutes while driving afterward.

Hello. The noise you are hearing is that new serpentine belt sliding and skipping on the pulleys they are driving. This is typically caused by the belt being loose, or a pulley refusing to turn freely. Your vehicle is equipped...

Rear axle replacement on a '08 Mazda CX-9?

Hi there. Replacing the rear axle can be a little more daunting than a front axle. The ability to turn the steering knuckle is not present for the rear as this is a fixed steering system that does not turn....

Traction control

A lean fuel condition may be caused by a number of things. An intake air leak, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, a faulty fuel injector, a faulty oxygen sensor, a faulty fuel pump are just a few...

Can you drive with a broken Variable Valve Timing Solenoid? ( Ended up splitting in half )

In some cases, the motor may run (not very well) with a broken or damaged variable valve timing solenoid, however it will likely not run for long due to the critical role the VVT solenoid plays in the timing of...

Related articles

The Best Used Cars to Buy if You Live Close to the Ocean
If If you live close to the ocean, your vehicle is going to be far more vulnerable to rust than if you lived further inland. And the fact is, when it comes to resisting rust, not all vehicles are created...
Top Automotive News & Stories: July 27-August 3
Each week we compile the best announcements and developments from the world of cars. Here are the topics you can’t miss from July 27 to August 3. Most Stolen Cars List Released most stolen cars...
Understanding the BMW Condition Based Servicing and Service Indicator Lights
Car symbols, or dashboard lights, are a car service reminder. The BMW Condition Based Servicing system indicates when and what service your car needs.