Q: Car refuses to drive once dash lights turn on.

Once i turn on the car, the engine light and cooling light turn on. A couple seconds later, dash lights P to 3 turn on. Once all these lights are on, the car will refuse to drive properly. It drives like a manual in high gear but in a low speed. I've visited a mechanic and have been told the gearbox is the issue. Costing 2.5k - 4k to fix, or 25k - 30k to replace.

A: I would have a second opinion by a differen...

I would have a second opinion by a different mechanic to confirm. The Check Engine Light and Coolant Light may be an indication of another problem, and the computer may go into a failure mode and will limit throttle and transmission operation. Have a second opinion to verify if it is a transmission problem or if you are having another problem. If you want to have this looked at, an independent mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the warning lights and pinpoint the possible fixes.