Q: Power steering problems after changing the line to the pump.

asked by on February 04, 2017

I have changed the power steering line the power steering pump the rack and pinion as well and still have tightness of the wheel the pump is reman the rack is reman as well not the line. I don't know what could be the problem

The control valve in the power steering system maybe stuck causing the system to not push the fluid to the rack and pinion. Check the fluid to the power steering pump and see if the fluid has bubbles in it. If there is bubbles, then the control valve is stuck. If there is no bubbles, then there could be an issue with the rack and pinion system. If you need further assistance with your power steering system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.