Q: Radiator under pressure in cold engine and coolant disappearing.

I have a 2015 Hyundai Diesel sedan with around 6000 miles. It met with an head on accident in May. Certain parts such as Radiator coils, AC condenser, Bonnet, Bumper were replaced. It worked fine for a month. However, from past few weeks, the coolant level has dropped to MIN level (it was at MAX level a month before). Also, the radiator shows constant pressure, for example, the car wasn't run for a week, then too when i opened the Radiator, the coolant spurted out. The workshop guys say it might be an issue with the head gasket, and have said a minimum of 15 days time to get it fixed. Please advice me on this and what might be the issue. I'm worried because i have been driving the car with the issue for last month and don't want my engine to be damaged further.

You may have a clogged or pinched radiator which would cause the coolant to have a high pressure without relief. This would also make your car to overheat and cause the coolant to not circulate properly.

I’d suggest having a technician come out to see what is happening. One of our mobile experts can assist you by checking these components and diagnosing your coolant leak firsthand. Good luck and I hope everything goes well.

3. Radiator under pressure in cold engine and coolant disappearing.