Q: Car pulls to the right during shifting and acceleration

Hi, I need your advice on what to do with my car that keps pulling to the right. It happens during transmission shifting while I quickly accelerate. I went to the dealership and they said it has something to do with different torquing, because the front driveshafts are different in length. I'm reluctant to spend money on something that might or might not be causing the issue. What's your opinion? I appreciate your help.

A: I believe this is a natural part of the car...

I believe this is a natural part of the car's design. This is called torque steer. This is when a car that has power to the front wheels will pull to one side or another during heavy acceleration. This is caused by the fact that the drive axle on the driver side of the vehicle can be shorter or longer than that of the drive axle on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Unfortunately, the only way to resolve this would be to adjust driving habits accordingly or to search for aftermarket kits that may be available to help prevent torque steer. Another possible way to reduce the amount of torque steer you are experiencing is to check your tires and wheel alignment. Tire wear and suspension parts being aligned will have a major impact on the way the vehicle tracks down the road. Some alignment issues will be more noticeable during certain conditions such as acceleration or higher speeds. I would recommend having your tires and alignment checked by a certified professional for best results.