Q: Car won't start & lights are all off

asked by on June 24, 2016

Yesterday my car turned on just fine. Today, Nothing! No power at all in my car and turning the ignition produces no turn over. All lights are out, both inside and outside the car. That includes the horn, which also does not work. Jump-starting the car also didn’t work. I looked at the fuses and the check out fine. Checked the battery and there’s no power coming from it. I got no charge when jump-starting it. Before today, everything was working well. I have always done scheduled maintenance, oil changes, and taken good care of my car. Is the problem the battery or is more than that going on with this problem?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Greetings! The problem indeed likely lies within the battery itself. Some batteries get to a point when it will lose its ability to hold or receive an electrical charge. When this happens it is nearly impossible to revive a battery.

I suggest having the battery charged with an industrial battery charger. This will supply enough energy to the battery to help get it going. However a really low battery can reject this type of charge too. If the battery is unable to retain a charge then the battery will need a replacement.

Being that the vehicle can not be started it may benefit from a mobile automotive repair service such as YourMechanic. A certified mechanic can come to you in order to diagnose the starting issue firsthand and fix it accordingly.