Q: Vehicle failed compliance check.

I had the air-ride suspension system removed due to an inflation problem. Since then, my Check Engine light has been on. When I went for my vehicle compliance check, it failed due to code P0410, a Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction, as well as a second code P0014.

A: Hello you have two concerns going on here. ...

Hello you have two concerns going on here. Lets start wit the P0410 for the secondary air injection. Start by checking the fuses. You should hear the pump come on within the first few minutes of start up. If the fuse for the air pump has blown the pump has failed and will need replacement. If the pump works the output should be check, strong air flow on the output side. The oxygen sensors should be check, with the air pump running the oxygen sensors should drop really low like 20mv. If the sensors don’t drop that low, create a large vacuum leak like from the brake booster to see if the voltage drops that low. If it doesn’t the oxygen sensor should be replaced. If the voltage drops below 20mv the secondary air passage could be plugged in the cylinder heads and will need to cleared out. You may need the aid of a mechanic to perform some testing to monitor pinpoint your problem.