Q: Why won't my parking brake hold after rear rotors and pads were replaced?

Why won't my parking brake hold after rear pads and rotors were replaced?

The parking brake system is an entirely separate system from the main brakes in your vehicle. The parking brake is operated by a cable that runs to a brake drum system that is not controlled or impacted by your regular brake pads and rotors. You may need to have your parking brake system inspected by a professional from YourMechanic to see if the cable needs to be adjusted or if the brake shoes inside the drum need to be replaced. The brake drum is operated by a pair of brake shoes that are pressed up against the inner wall of the brake drum creating the stopping power. When these shoes wear out, this lessens the impact of the parking brake when used.

3. Why won't my parking brake hold after rear rotors and pads were replaced?