Q: Transmission is making a humming noise. Should we have the transmission checked?

asked by on December 07, 2016

We hear a humming sound that sounded like a tire. We had the tires checked and were told it was coming from the transmission. The humming gets loud and stops but starts up again. Should we have the transmission checked?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If there is a humming noise coming from the transmission, then either a clutch is slipping or a drive shell is broken. First check the fluid to the transmission and make sure that its full and red in color. I recommend servicing the transmission with new oil and a new filter to see if the noise goes away. If you service the transmission and the noise continues, then I recommend having the transmission checked by a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic to pin point the issue.