Q: Steering wheel locked

My steering wheel is locked, and my car ignition will not start.

There is a pin that locks the steering wheel when the key is turned off. If you turn off the key and you have pressure on that pin from the wheel, the ignition will be very hard to turn. Try grasping the wheel with your left hand and pull it left while lightly turning the ignition key. Now turn the wheel right. Your should feel what direction the wheel wants to return to if it wasn’t being held by the lock. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and diagnose your steering wheel problem and key ignition issue.