Q: I am having a turbo sensor issue and I may have wiring issues also on my 2006 Volvo S60

my volvo has had its turbo boost sensor changed before but i dont think the mechanic my mother took it to actually did the job i was wondering if anyone has had that issue in the past also when i go to shift gears after turning the car on it wont shift i actuually have to pull up the cover where the gears are and push a lever down to get it out of park. Another issue is the front light when you move a wire a certain way the light works once you let go of the wire it shuts off

Hello. If you suspect that the sensor was not replaced then that can be why the light is coming on. I would need to know what code is coming from the computer for it to be able to tell better what is going on. Most of the time when you get a boost sensor code that remains after the sensor is replaced it is because the turbo is failing. If it is not creating the right boost then this code will appear. As for the shifting, you may have a shifter issue. If the shifter cannot be moved to put the vehicle into gear then there may be an issue with the shift lock system. You also appear to have a wiring issue from everything else you explained. A voltage meter would need to be used to locate the failure. If you want to have these issues looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the light is on and why these other problems are occurring] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. I am having a turbo sensor issue and I may have wiring issues also on my 2006 Volvo S60