Q: The OEM tinted windows that came with my 2015 CR-V, is the tinting on the inside or the outside of the glass?

My 2015 Honda CR-V has the OEM privacy glass on the rear. Is this tinting on the inside or the outside of the window? I have found that my windows get water spots that are next to impossible to remove unless I use the Invisible Glass Water Spot Remover product. The website said it was safe on tinted windows but I'm afraid I might be doing damage to my tinted windows - although I checked and I have not noticed anything to be concerned about. I have not used this product on the inside of the windows. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

A: Factory tinting is on the inside of the gla...

Factory tinting is on the inside of the glass. Generally, you shouldn't use any harsh chemicals on any glass or it may etch the glass and make it unclear or cloudy. If you choose to move forward with the remover, make sure to read instructions carefully, check any warnings, and read about any mistakes that people have made while using the cleaner before applying it to make sure that you avoid making the glass any worse.