Q: Van pulls to the right when accelerating at highway speeds

When on the highway driving between 30 mph and 70 mph, when I accelerate the van pulls to the right. When I take my foot off the pedal, it stops pulling. It seems to always happen 'only' when accelerating. What is causing it to pull to the right?

A: What you're experiencing is torque stee...

What you're experiencing is torque steer, which is the tendency for a front-wheel drive vehicle (such as yours) to pull to one side under acceleration. Some torque steer is normal in a front wheel drive vehicle. However, there are several potential causes for torque steer that is greater than designed. A few of the most likely causes include improper tire pressure, alignment that is out of adjustment, worn tires, and loose wheel bearings. If you feel the torque steer you are experiencing is excessive, I suggest you have a professional diagnose your vehicle's pulling issue. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option.