Q: AC stops running after five minutes

The air conditioner runs when I first start the car. Within five minutes though, it starts blowing hot air.

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote

Hi. If your truck is blowing cold air for awhile then warm air, the A/C system is probably freezing up. This is caused by unwanted air and/or moisture in the system. Often, a simple evacuation and recharge of the system will solve this problem. But, a leak in the system or A/C electrical problems could also cause intermittent cooling. I suggest you have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an A/C performance inspection on your vehicle.