Q: Stalling and overheating - 1995 Honda Accord

i recently bought a 95 honda accord. had it driving a few weeks now. i had changed the engine oil 2days ago along with the oil filter and yesterday i changed the spark plugs. Today on my way home the car kept stalling while in idle.. i had to keep giving it gas just to reach home. by time i got close to home it shuts off and refuse to restart, after several tried it began to overheat. what could b the reason?

A: When you say you had to keep giving it gas ...

When you say you had to keep giving it gas to keep from stalling, I’m thinking the idle air control valve there. You can clean the throttle body, the valve, and adjust the linkage, but the idle air control valve usually ends up needing to be replaced. The vehicle is not starting and overheating? I am confused here, but if the coolant level is too low from a coolant leak or the thermostat is stuck closed, there are a few things that may cause an overheating situation when the car is running. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one fro YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection to determine the cause of the issues and offer a personal repair estimate.