Q: Car was barely turning over and would not enough to start. Kept trying and eventually everything was dead. New battery still dead

asked by on December 29, 2017

Car was barely turning over and would not turn over enough to start. Has been getting progressively worse. Kept trying and eventually everything was dead. No dash lights or anything would come on. Bought a new battery and hooked it up and still nothing will power up. Not even the dash lights.

The first thing to check is to make sure the battery has proper voltage of at least 12.5 volts. Then make sure the battery cable ends are clean and tight. Make sure any corrosion is cleaned off them to give a good contact. Then check all main fuses have power and is not blown? If you need further assistance then get a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to do any further diagnosis of ignition problems.