Q: 2011 Buick regal makes ticking noise that increase in frequency with throttle but after sometime it dies off and starts again when

asked by on June 12, 2017

My car makes ticking noise when idling. It's exactly like a clock tick. When I throttle more, the tickling increases and then it's gone. When it idles again it's heard

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. What you are describing is common with oil distribution or lubrication issues on top of the cylinder heads in most cases. It can also be an indication of loose cylinder head hardware, such as valve lifters that are causing this type of noise. Sometimes low oil levels or problems with the oil filter or pump can cause the rapid ticking noise (as it’s essential metal to metal contact). Another possibility is a worn serpentine or accessory drive belt or worn pulleys. It might be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can isolate the source of the noise and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr