I hit a curb and I have an oil leak, if I ignore it for a...

Q: I hit a curb and I have an oil leak, if I ignore it for a two days and drive around, would that be disastrous?

asked by on July 21, 2017

My car has hit multiple curbs lately, and there's been a lot of debris around my area due to road construction that I've had to drive over. Now I have an oil leak. I can't do anything about it today but I have to drive to work tomorrow, which is an hour away and over the highway. Would that be completely dangerous and awful or probably okay??

Depending on how bad the oil leak is, driving it any further may cause some serious engine damage. If the flow of the leak is constant, I would not recommend driving it to work as it may be possible for it to leak the remaining oil out resulting in burning the motor up. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to diagnose and repair the leak.