Q: I hit a curb and I have an oil leak, if I ignore it for a two days and drive around, would that be disastrous?

asked by on July 21, 2017

My car has hit multiple curbs lately, and there's been a lot of debris around my area due to road construction that I've had to drive over. Now I have an oil leak. I can't do anything about it today but I have to drive to work tomorrow, which is an hour away and over the highway. Would that be completely dangerous and awful or probably okay??

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Depending on how bad the oil leak is, driving it any further may cause some serious engine damage. If the flow of the leak is constant, I would not recommend driving it to work as it may be possible for it to leak the remaining oil out resulting in burning the motor up. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to diagnose and repair the leak.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr