Q: Gear not shifting

I am not feeling the gears shift while driving down the road, what could this be?

There are several reasons why you may not feel the car shifting. However, the most important question that we need to know is whether or not it’s actually shifting. The 2013 Chevy Equinox has an electrically controlled, six-speed automatic transmission. If the car is not shifting, it may be caused by low transmission fluid, an issue with the electronic solenoid, or other internal problems. If I were you I would contact a local ASE certified mechanic to have them test drive your car and properly diagnose your shifting issue by scanning your vehicle’s computer for error codes.

3. Gear not shifting