Q: Gear not shifting

asked by on July 20, 2016

I am not feeling the gears shift while driving down the road, what could this be?

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote
Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are several reasons why you may not feel the car shifting. However, the most important question that we need to know is whether or not it’s actually shifting. The 2013 Chevy Equinox has an electrically controlled, six-speed automatic transmission. If the car is not shifting, it may be caused by low transmission fluid, an issue with the electronic solenoid, or other internal problems. If I were you I would contact a local ASE certified mechanic to have them test drive your car and properly diagnose your shifting issue by scanning your vehicle’s computer for error codes.