Q: Continuous misfire of cylinder 2

asked by on April 01, 2017

Continuous misfire of cylinder 2 even after replacing spark plugs and coils and interswitching nozzles

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Cylinder compression in all four cylinders should be verified. Secondary firing patterns should be scoped to get independent verification (i.e., apart from what the OBD-II system might be reporting) that indeed the problem is just in cylinder no. 2. If the coil, plug and injector are all "new", or otherwise verified, obviously that leaves few possibilities including perhaps an intake manifold vacuum leak affecting just cylinder no. 2 or a defect in the control circuitry (PCM, cam and crank sensors). At any rate, this will need to be diagnosed. If you request a misfire diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.