Q: My car is smooth when it turns on and shakes while driving, what can it be?

I put another engine in my truck. It starts smooth and when it drives it shakes. What could this be?

Shaking of the vehicle can, of course, be suspension related so be sure to rule out faults there as a cause. If the engine itself is shaking or vibrating, the usual causes are problems with the motor mounts, engine imbalance in rotating parts (faulty harmonic balancer, etc.), uneven cylinder compression, or ignition/fuel system problems that cause poor operation under load. If you want the cause of the shaking pinpointed, please request an engine vibration diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car is smooth when it turns on and shakes while driving, what can it be?